Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Celebrity Mole

I gotta admit it: I love this show! It really makes me laugh. I have NEVER enjoyed "reality" shows. For the most part they sicken me. Then last fall I saw the first Celebrity Mole and I was hooked.

First of all, it's a pretty cool game. The players must work together to earn money for the pot, but one of the players is a mole who is being paid to sabotage the other players. Great concept -- add entertaining celebrities as the contestants and you've got a hit show!

The first series was great because of Kathy Griffin. She's an hilarious comedienne and she kept me watching that show because of her humor. She also hosted Average Joe which was the only other reality show that I've watched. I loved that show's originality and the dorky guys they found to play the game. There's a new season of Average Joe but it doesn't appeal to me as much as the first one. The novelty has worn off. In fact, NBC hasn't even updated the Average Joe website!

However, the second season of Celebrity Mole is very entertaining. Kathy Griffin is not there, but Stephen Baldwin and Corbin Bernsen have returned and they are very funny. It's a good show.

Can you tell I don't have cable??!!

No comments: