Wednesday, September 10, 2003

OK, time to post again. Getting out of the habit. Actually I never quite got in the habit, but there's always hope!

I'm finishing up my summer term here at UCLA Extension and getting ready for a road trip to Colorado. Headin' to Colorado for the Breckenridge Film Festival to see the world premiere of my best friend Randy's film, "The Second Degree". He has worked so hard to complete this film; I'm very proud of him!

It should be fun to spend a few days in the mountains -- clean air, relaxed atmosphere -- so different from LA. Hopefully the film comes off well and people enjoy it. I think that would make Randy and everyone happy: just to hear an audience laughing and appreciating the film.

After Breckenridge, I'll head to Denver to visit Dad and Sis. Will be strange not to have Mom there. She's down in Houston taking care of Aunt Martha. But it will be fun to hang out more with Dad this time. We always have fun because we're so alike in some ways and we share a lot of interests. We always play guitar together and listen to all kinds of music. My Dad has an outstanding collection of music, on CD and vinyl LPs!!

I'll have to be back in LA by Friday the 19th. One of my students has a short film screening in LA and I'd like to see it. Also, I can't miss my coffee talk with Heidster -- just about the coolest friend a friend can have! We always get together on Fridays to discuss the week's events or to take in a classic film at the New Beverly Cinema in my neighborhood. I think there's a great Hepburn & Tracy double feature that night. I'll probably fall asleep during the second feature, but that's OK; I usually do.

Well, gotta get going and get packing! Always much to do before a big road trip. Adios!

No comments: