Saturday, September 20, 2003

Bowie's REALITY -- awesome. I really love the new album. At first listening, it didn't impress me immediately like HEATHEN, the last one, did. But after just a couple of listenings, I am really hooked. A few tracks especially that please me are the first track (the single) "New Killer Star," and "Never Get Old" which is a great rocker anthem, and I really love the final track "Bring Me The Disco King." I don't really know what it's about yet, but it has an eerie, captivating sound...unlike any other track on the album. Quite sparse arrangement: mostly piano and drums with droning backup harmonies. Really deep theme -- he's been trying to record this song to his own satisfaction for the past decade, but only now has it been "finished."

Many more listenings to come!

No comments: