Thursday, September 25, 2003

FUCK!! I'm on jury duty this week. I was hoping to get out of it, but dammit they picked me to sit on a jury for a civil case. It's not all bad; in fact, it's quite an interesting experience to see how our legal system works. As inefficient as it may seem sometimes, the judicial system in the US is truly exquisite in its balance and grace.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about this later, but for now I'm under oath "not to discuss the case or form any opinions." :-)

Meanwhile, I'm missing out on the last week of my vacation before school starts again next week. I didn't have anything planned this week -- I knew I would be on jury duty -- but I need to catch up on my chores, such as laundry, cleaning, etc. I was going to get all my paperwork filed that's been piling up, and I need to take care of some things that I've procrastinating over terribly. It's really bad. I still haven't filed my taxes for 2002!!

Beyond that (in fact the cause of that) is I am fucking flat broke. Not a penny to my name. Well, that's almost an exaggeration. I actually have about $4 total if you count the change in my ashtray and the quarters I've been saving for laundry. Ugh, I hate being poor. Don't know why I can't seem to catch up on my finances. It's depressing.

In other news, my sister finally broke down and got a cell phone. Actually, she got the same phone as me! We've been text messaging each other quite a bit the past few days. I knew she would enjoy having it more than she expected to. We all do!

I still haven't started building my webpage. That's another thing I was going to start this week. Frustrating. There's no great rush -- I don't need it for any particular reason, but my friends have already paid for the domain name. I feel like every week that goes by without action is a waste somehow. Kind of like my life.....hmmmmm......

I need Prozac -- STAT!!

No comments: