Monday, May 21, 2007

My New Amp



I bought an amplifier for my guitar. It's my first-ever amp! I've plugged in, "gone Newport," if you will. I've had this great Ibanez acoustic-electric guitar for about a year, but I've never used it with an amp before. It sounds pretty good.
I've got some gigs coming up this summer, so I have to get used to playing amplified. Also, I've never played live with guitar and sung into a mic before, so I need to practice technique with that as well. Gosh, it's getting complicated all of a sudden.
I looked at quite a few of different amps in different price ranges and, man, there is a lot of variety available. I saw several that had onboard effects, drum machines, etc. Lots of cool technology.
But I don't know how to use any of that so I tried to keep it simple. I've already got my eye on a pedal that has all the effects and rhythm patterns. Wish me luck!

No comments: