Thursday, January 13, 2005

Traffic Really Sucks After Mudslides

Because of the torrential downpours recently here in LA, most of the canyon roads have been closed because of mudslides. This has created a terrible ripple effect of overly congested roadways (even more than usual) around the city.

Case in point, the traffic yesterday was perhaps the worst ever! I got about a mile down Wilshire (it took 20 minutes) when I realized we were going nowhere, so rather than sit in my car for two frustrating hours, I went back to Westwood and saw a movie (Ocean's 12, not bad).

By the time I came out of the movie and wasted another hour in Best Buy, it was after 8 o'clock and still the traffic was CRAWLING, even on all my secret shortcuts that I take when traffic is bad. Took me about an hour to get home, approximately seven miles total distance.

No comments: