Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Jimmy Kimmel

I was in Hollywood today with a group of my students and as I was walking down Hollywood Boulevard in front of Disney's El Capitan theater, I saw a video crew taping some kind of performance on the sidewalk. A young woman with a walkie-talkie stopped me and asked if I wouldn't mind stepping into the street and walking around their shot.

"Sure," I said with a smile, and as I made my way around the crew I looked back to see the action. It was Jimmy Kimmel, star of ABC's late night comedy/talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live. He was doing some comedy bit in a camping tent, which was erected on the sidewalk between the El Cap and the Masonic Temple where the show is taped every evening.



Apparently ABC's daytime talk show The View is preparing to visit Hollywood by taping in the El Capitan this month. Kimmel was doing some comedy bit about that. The camera poked its "head" into the tent where Jimmy was holding up fabricated products related to The View, such as "View Beer" and Barbara Walters gummy bears among other things.

No comments: