Tuesday, July 06, 2004

People Are Nice Today

Everyone must have had a nice 4th of July weekend because the whole world is smiling today! (at least in LA)

Traffic was relatively light and curteous, strangers greet each other on the street, attractive young women smile at me, the entire staff at my oil change place stopped by to say 'hello' while I waited for my car, and I have been filled with extraordinary positive energy the last few days. I went jogging through the park the other day for the first time in my life, and I loved it! And I can barely sleep with all the creative ideas popping into my head at night. And this after just a few days off work...imagine what I could do with a week's vacation in Mexico!

We had a three-day holiday weekend and I went to social gatherings all three days! Saturday was a delightful BowieNetters barbecue down in Redondo Beach -- a gorgeous ocean view and cool sea air was enjoyed by all. (Not to mention all the smoke and booze.) It's great to meet so many people who are just as obsessed with David Bowie as I am -- sometimes even more so! My heart ached every time "China Girl" was played ("I feel a-tragic/like I'm Marlon Brando"...rest well old man).

Sunday was the traditional July 4th fireworks extravaganza with the Giffords. Little Gabe was in good spirits and getting cuter than ever. Randy and Heather seem very refreshed and a lot thinner after their month in Breckenridge. We went for a bike ride through the neighborhood after dinner, then watched the fireworks in the Valley from the hill above their home.

Monday was an intimate dinner party with a few friends from the BowieNet party who live in Burbank. Great people and newfound pals. Delicious home-cooked Italian food as well! They inspired a new nickname for me: "Scott Hollywood" since I live in Hollywood (or pretty close at least). There's two Scotts in the BowieNet group but the other guy lives in Orange County. I've used my regular name on BowieNet since I joined back in 1998, although I've considered changing it to a more creative username several times. My close friends always call me "Scottydude" and I've used that on several websites (including my own). I also tried "thinwhitedude" once on BowieNet but it didn't stick for some reason. Everyone already knows me as "scottspalding" or more recently "Scott S." But I love "Scott Hollywood" -- it's totally cheesy but it would be a great gossip rag pen name!!

I think it's going to be a good summer.

No comments: