Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Can't Stand The Heat

It's a lot better today, thank God. Yesterday LA had record-breaking 102 degree weather downtown! It's almost never that hot in the basin and certainly not this early in the season. Anyway, it's better now: about 20 degrees better.

I noticed the change last night as I was out doing my laundry. I was sitting in my sweltering car at about 8:45pm with all the windows open and suddenly a cool breeze kicked up and it was the most refreshing feeling. The sea breeze had returned.

Still slept with all the windows open, but at least there's no need to turn on my pitiful little air conditioner today. Poor little guy just can't keep up, and I do not have a large apartment. The A/C is great is you're sitting within five feet, directly in front of the unit, but other than that....fuhgetaboudit!

No comments: