Friday, April 16, 2004

Bad Blogger

Has it really been almost three weeks since my last blog entry? Oh, I'm a bad blogger, I admit it. Been busy though. Trip to Denver Easter weekend to see little nephew Aidan. He's a cutey -- just a month old. Everyone's very excited since he's the first grandbaby in the family so Mom and Dad are practically giddy with joy, and sis is doing well with the transition into motherhood. It's always surprising to new parents how much work is required to take care of a little tyke, but she seems to be doing OK so far.

Got back home just in time to do my taxes. Hooray!! Turbo Tax is a godsend; however, I need to get some professional advice. I think there's a lot of deductions that I'm not aware of and so I end up owing Uncle Sam a lot of money that I just don't have! Investing a hundred dollars in a good tax accountant could save me thousands per year....I hope.

The sun was up earlier this morning, but now it's gotten grey and gloomy outside, and cool. I'm not complaining, not a bit. I much prefer slightly cooler weather than the sweltering heat that is imminently approaching.

I missed a party last night in Hollywood. A former co-worker was in town hosting a get-together for a few old pals, including a few people I used to work with. I intended to go, but just didn't feel like it last night. Had to stay in and watch "The Apprentice" finale last night. "You're fired!"

Looking forward to Bowie again next week. He and the band are swinging back through the States on their way to Europe for the summer. The "A Reality Tour" returns to LA at the Greek Theatre next Thursday night. Luckily, friend Randy got tickets, otherwise I'd be listening to Bowie on CD at home that night. No money.

Wednesday's child is not only full of woe, he's downright po' as well.

No comments: