Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Birthday Present

You'll never guess what I got myself for my birthday this year....a big honkin' zit! That's right, a zit. It's more than just a pimple and it is way too big to be called a blemish. "A third eye" is more like it. This one's been coming on for a few days, positioned very noticeably on the left side of my nose. I wish I had a picture to post.

It was one of those deep pimples that takes a few days to surface. I knew it was coming when the spot on my nose felt tender and sore to the touch. It was just a flat red spot then. Now it's a frickin' Vesuvius with a huge white head capping the top. Lovely.

I'm expecting an eruption later today, probably during class. My students will be sitting there listening, then suddenly everyone will tune out what I'm saying and they won't be able to stop staring at my nose. Then, in that embarrassing, Rudolph moment, I'll think to myself: "Happy Birthday, Scottydude!"

No comments: