Monday, December 08, 2003

Beauty Over Bucks

So Melana chose her Average Joe in tonight's series finale. I kind of had a clue during her last interview with the host, Kathy Griffin (whom I love by the way), when she said she picked "a diamond in the rough." The beautiful model guy she picked is a young waiter/student, while the average looking other guy is a rich Wall Street tycoon.

Still, when she first started talking to Jason and she looked very serious, I thought, just as he did, that he was about to get the brush off. But she surprised both of us with her choice. And who can blame her? He's gorgeous! And I loved their comments afterward, like "I'm looking forward to getting to know her more deeply this weekend," meaning "I can't wait to bang her!!" :-)

Poor rich Adam. Who knew he was a millionaire the whole time?! He was a nice guy, but kind of a goof ball. I bet he's fun to hang out with, but he didn't seem to have much sexual chemistry with her like she obviously had with Jason. She and Jason seemed ready to hump each other the moment they first met.

Adam was a real class act, I thought, and a good sport about the whole thing. He was obviously disappointed, but he was a gentleman about it. And no doubt he'll get plenty of offers from young female viewers of the show. He's rich; he can buy a new girlfriend.

I must say that I found Melana (the unsuspecting cheerleader searching for her Prince Charming) to be extremely pretentious. I mean, how couldn't they all be a little pretentious knowing that the camera was always watching, but she seemed especially phony as the weeks went on. How pathetic do you have to be to go on a TV show just to get a date? There's no promise that they'll stay together after the show -- naturally she picked the hot guy she wanted to screw more than the dorky guy.

Of course there will be Average Joe 2 coming in January! A new batch of dorks and a new superficial supermodel: what could be better? The previews of the new series reminded me of what I loved about the beginning weeks of Average Joe 1: the hysterically dorky nerds and dweebs that got picked for this show! They're endearingly pathetic. It's so funny when they look at the hot girl and instantly fall deeply in love with her. It's like "Revenge of the Nerds" all over again...Can't wait!

No comments: