Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Saw a Jonas Brother!!



I spotted a Jonas brother the other day, at Target of all places. As I left my car in the parking garage and headed to the elevators, a black Suburban-size SUV with tinted windows passed in front me. The driver's window was down and he looked somewhat familiar. I waited to see him park just a few cars away.

The first person out of the car was a HUGE black guy who obviously served as bodyguard. He stood at the back of the car, looked around, then faced back towards the driver's door and gave a nod. Then young Mr. Jonas emerged from the vehicle wearing tight black jeans, shiny black leather high-tops, a deep purple Oxford shirt and matching tie, plus black Wayfarer sunglasses.

I wanted to get a good look at this kid -- yes, I'm a terrible star-fucker as anyone who reads this blog knows! -- so I pretended to fiddle with my cell phone for a moment to let Mr. Jonas and his bodyguard catch up with me. I let them pass me and followed them up the escalator to the mall plaza above.

They were looking for food. First they headed toward Daphne's but since it was before 11:00 AM, the restaurant wasn't open yet. Next they crossed the plaza toward Jamba Juice, but they could also have entered Baja Fresh next door. I was growing bored of this scene and headed into Target to do my shopping, so I'm not sure where they ended up getting food. When I got back to the parking structure, they had left.

Later, I was giving a tour of Hollywood to some Australian teenagers when we came across a movie poster for an upcoming film featuring the Jonas Brothers. When I told the story of my star sighting to the Australian kids, they informed me the brother I saw was Joe Jonas. So there!

No comments: