Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Oscar Picks



For the 79th Annual Academy Awards, I predict the following winners in the major categories. These are my guesses for how the Academy will choose, not my personal choices because I haven't seen all the films nominated. It is surprising to see that no film swept the nominations. It's going to be a very mixed night.

Actor - Leading: Forest Whitaker (though I hope Peter O'Toole wins)
Actor - Supporting: Eddie Murphy (I love Eddie, but I'd love to see Alan Arkin get it, too)
Actress - Leading: Helen Mirren
Actress - Supporting: Jennifer Hudson
Animated Feature: Cars
Directing: Martin Scorsese
Documentary Feature: An Inconvenient Truth
Foreign Language Film: Pan's Labyrinth
Original Score: Pan's Labyrinth
Original Song: "Listen", Dreamgirls
Best Picture: The Departed (I'd pick Babel)

Good luck, players!
*Incidentally, in the picture above is the Oscar won for Sound by The Alamo (John Wayne's version). I could tell you where I took that photo, but then I'd have to kill you.

No comments: