Wednesday, February 02, 2005

State of Dis-Union

I've decided to ignore Presidential politics for the next four years. Shortly after the election when I realized we were stuck with Dumb and Dumber for another term, I decided to take defensive action and bury my head in the proverbial sand.

I completely avoided the Inauguration last month and I will not watch the State of the Union speech tonight. I don't listen to Dubya's news conferences, nor do I read about him in the newspaper. When I see his face on TV, I change the channel.

And you know what? I feel a lot happier these days! I'm much more relaxed being blissfully ignorant than participating in the political process and being upset and angry all the time.

I think politics is bad for one's health. Politicians certainly are.

1 comment:

scottydude said...

UPDATE: I gave in and tried to watch some of Bush's speech tonight. I couldn't sit through a single word. I never even heard his voice, thank God. I turned on the TV just as he finished an apparently rousing remark because he gave his familiar smug smirk and the audience started applauding and standing up. I turned off the TV. Total viewing time: less than five seconds.