Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Picks 2009

Well, it's that time again - time for the Hollywood elite to rub our noses in it while they enjoy the privileges of their class. My disenchantment with the movie industry continues to deepen: this year I have seen only one of the Best Picture nominees, and that was thanks to a free screening a couple months ago.

Nevertheless, here are my predictions on who will go home with gold tonight:

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Actor: Sean Penn
Best Actress: Meryl Streep (I hope Kate Winslet wins, but I smell an upset here.)
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger
Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz
Animated Feature: Wall-E

I have no idea regarding the technical awards, nor the shorts or documentaries, so I'll skip to....

Directing: Slumdog Millionaire, Danny Boyle
Foreign Language: Waltz With Bashir
Film Score (my favorite category!): Slumdog Millionaire, A.R. Rahman
Best Song: "Jai Ho" Slumdog Millionaire
Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire
Original Screenplay: (complete guess) Milk

No comments: