Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"39 and Holding"



Thank you everyone for your warm birthday wishes! I've been quite surprised and touched by the huge number of greetings I received today via phone, email, and Facebook.

Some of you know I've been a little blue lately. Part of it is just the season, and the gloomy weather we've had lately, but a lot of it has to do with realizing my life may be half over and I feel like I'm just beginning to know how to live. I'm just not ready to be middle-aged yet!

However, a lot of wonderful and wise people have offered helpful words of advice and encouragement recently and I'm starting to feel better. I think once I get home for the holidays and visit my family things will be seen from a little happier perspective.

1 comment:

stennie said...

Hey, Dude -- think of all that Jack Benny accomplished when HE was 39!

Also, if it gives you any comfort: no matter how old you are, I will always be one year older.