Monday, March 31, 2008

Star Sightings

This was a busy weekend for star-sightings here in Hollywoodland.  First, on Friday I was walking along Beverly Boulevard in front of CBS when suddenly I spotted a cute little black Audi convertible carrying Olympic Gold Medalist and current Dancing With The Stars leader Kristi Yamaguchi and her dance partner (cutie!) Mark Ballas, who was driving the car. 
Ironically, I had just been watching them dance on ABC.com before leaving the house!  At first I couldn't believe it was them, but then I realized they were waiting to turn in to CBS, where the show is performed.  Suddenly I got all star struck and called out to them, which I rarely do to celebs -- such a touristy thing to do!  Their dancing was so amazing and impressive; I wanted to shout out my support and they were very gracious and receptive.  Too bad I didn't take a picture, but you can see a bio with pics if you click on Kristi's name above.
Then on Saturday, I was just starting the last Hollywood tour of the day and had finished describing the Walk of Fame, when from out of the crowd 24 star Kiefer Sutherland walked right past me as we were crossing Highland Avenue in front of the Gap store.  Although I recognized him immediately, it took me a moment to come up with his name, I was so surprised.  As the name finally emerged from my lips, a peal of recognition registered through the tour group.  They were pretty excited to see a real Hollywood star in the flesh, and actually on Hollywood Boulevard, which is a pretty rare occurrence these days.
Finally, driving home this afternoon near the intersection of Beverly Blvd and Santa Monica, I spotted Oscar-nominated director Ridley Scott driving a cute black Prius.  Mr. Scott's esteemed credits include last year's American Gangster, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator (Best Picture Oscar winner), Thelma and Louise,  Blade Runner, and the original Alien.  It was ironic to see a big-time Hollywood director driving himself in a tiny hybrid vehicle, but I guess even the rich and powerful want to help the environment, and follow the latest trends to boot.

No comments: