Sunday, October 28, 2007

Too Bad Rockies

I was rootin' for ya. I have never watched so much baseball in my life. Never saw more than ten seconds of any game while channel surfing on television. I've attended several Major League games in my life and I always enjoyed being at the ballpark.

When I was in Denver recently, I had the good fortune of attending two consecutive Rockies games, an evening game and a day game, and I had a great time at both games, especially because the Rockies WON. They must have peaked early with their late season string of winning games, which pitched these underdogs into the World Series.

Oh well, it was fun to watch the games on TV after having seen them play live. I recognized all the players, and I can safely say we're a better-looking lot than the Red Sox! Maybe the Rockies got psyched out going up against the recent World Series champion Red Sox team, who were an extremely talented and older group of players. The Sox played very well on offense and defense. The Rocks had some good defense but not enough offense.

Another thing the Red Sox had on us was passion. They played to win, they had a lot to celebrate and they were very jovial throughout the Series, but they also expressed frustration when things didn't go their way. The Rockies seemed like rocks, completely emotionless even during their infrequent successes. Was this their attempt to be professionally aloof?

It didn't work, but hopefully they will be back next year, a more experienced and confident team. "Go Rockies!"

No comments: