Saturday, September 15, 2007

Star Sightings

It's been a busy week for star sightings. I've seen four celebrities "on the streets" up close and personal in recent days.



The first was the busy actress Sharon Lawrence, who you've seen in tons of TV shows like Monk, Desperate Housewives, and NYPD Blue. She was shopping at the Ralphs supermarket where I go at 3rd St & La Brea Ave. We passed each other with our shopping carts several times in the store and it took me a couple sightings before I realized who she was. I was too shy to talk to her but she smiled and seemed friendly.



Later that evening I saw the actor Sam Rockwell. You've seen him in films such as The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and Charlie's Angels. He was crossing the street in front of my car at the intersection of Sunset Blvd & La Brea. Just walking across the street all by himself as if he was nobody.



The next celeb I spotted was Entourage's Jeremy Piven. He was driving his Land Rover at the intersection of Beverly Drive and Wilshire Blvd where I was waiting to catch the bus home. He was in his car talking on the phone so I didn't have a chance to speak to him, but it was unmistakably him.

And finally, this morning at work in Hollywood I was crossing the street at Hollywood & Highland and who should be crossing the opposite direction but Broadway legend Carol Channing!! I was too shocked to say anything to her though I could have easily done so: we practically rubbed shoulders in the cross walk.


You might have heard the news this week about one of Miss Channing's famous evening gowns being stolen right out of her arms in the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel here in Hollywood. I'd like to think she was on the streets this morning looking for the culprit!

Oh well, just another glamorous day in La-La Land!!

1 comment:

stennie said...

With that mouth, you should be relieved that she didn't swallow you!

I keep seeing Andy Milder, who plays Dean Hodes on Weeds (Celia's husband, the lawyer -- you remember, she shaved his head while he slept in a memorable season 1 episode) at my building two or three times. He's probably been visiting casting agents here.