Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Stars in their Cars

One of the advantages of living in Los Angeles is the propensity for spotting celebrities in the flesh, so to speak. I've seen dozens in the eight years since I've lived here. Most of the time they are shopping, or ordering at Starbucks, or walking the dog with their kids; you know, normal human stuff. I also see them driving in their cars and this week I saw two celebrities in their cars.



A few days ago while driving through Beverly Hills on my way to UCLA, comedian-actor Paul Reiser passed by me in his pretty little black Lexus. It was about 8:30 in the morning and Reiser was wearing mirrored sunglasses and chomping open-mouthed on a big hunk of chewing gum.



Just tonight I saw Owen Wilson in his new little Toyota Prius. I was sitting in my parked car outside my Laundromat when Wilson pulled in beside me. I looked over and recognized his stringy blonde hair, which he promptly covered with a baseball cap after making eye contact with me for several seconds. He then hopped out of the car and made his way across the street into a trendy little bistro.



I was impressed that a big shot movie star like Owen Wilson would drive a tiny economy car, but I guess he's an environmentalist at heart. I'm always too shy to say anything to these people when I see them, but I bet Wilson's a cool guy.



Ah, life in La-La-Land...you never know who may turn up!

No comments: